Cancer Council Victoria’s Multicultural Communities Grants provide funding up to 5000AUD to community-led initiatives which increase bowel or cervical cancer screening awareness and participation.
People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds face unique barriers to cancer screening, such as limited access to health care, lack of culturally safe services, language barriers and differing community norms, which lead to lower screening participation rates.
Cancer Council Victoria is working to address these health inequities, by increasing cancer screening participation among multicultural communities.
This year, we are looking for projects that focus on Arabic-, Mandarin-, Hindi-, Punjabi-, Urdu-, Sinhalese- and/or Tamil- speaking communities, specifically women aged 25-74 years old for cervical screening and men or women aged 50-74 years old for bowel screening.
Cancer Council Victoria will award each successful application with a grant up to a maximum amount of 5000AUD (GST Exclusive). This grant is to fund a cancer screening project to be implemented between April 2020 and January 2021.
Applications for the Multicultural Grants Program open on Monday 03 February 2020 and close on Monday 9 March 2020 at 09:00am. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed about the results of their application on Monday 23 March 2020.
Grants will be awarded for meeting the selection criteria below:
- The project addresses one or more of the target communities.
- The project encourages people to take part in cervical or bowel screening.
- The project is cost- effective with a balanced budget.
- The project shows innovation, creativity and/ or effective use of existing traditional cultural practices/events.
- The project has clear objectives and outline of activities.
- The project is based upon prior community consultations.
- The project considers how to sustainably continue beyond the project duration without any further financial support.
How to apply?
To apply for this year’s Multicultural Grant, please download the application guidelines and fill in the application form from the resource section below by Monday 9 March 2020 at 09:00am. Completed applications must be sent by post or email to:
Community Engagement Specialist, Cancer Council Victoria
Post: 615 St Kilda Road, Melbourne 3004
Phone: 03 9514 6485